Grand Prize - DAVID MARANO
– IN FOR THE NIGHT
– WILLIAM PONTEL – HIKING AROUND SKAGWAY
EMILY GRACE WILLIS – YOU SAY TOMATO CHICKS GONE WILD
ZYAN LAGUNA – SOAPY’S SKULL
EMILY GRACE WILLIS – THE DAY AFTER CHRIS PASSED
Skagway Life Winner
ALLYSON NANNINI – WINTER AT WHITE PASS
KATHERINE MOSELEY – BAD HAIR DAY
Your entry must fit into one of the following themes.
- My WOW Moment
- My Happiest Place
- My Favorite Dining Experience
- My Best Skagway Adventure
- My Favorite Place to Stay in Skagway
Each of the three grand prize winners—one from each submission category: photo, video, and essay—will receive $500!
How to Enter
- Complete the upload form below and agree to the terms of the contest
- Photo entry must be at least 5 megapixels and must be in JPG format
- Photographs may be in either black & white or color
- Photographs may be either in vertical or horizontal format
Contest entries must be received no later than 11:59 PM AK DST October 31, 2017.
- Photographs must be taken within Skagway or Dyea and should depict landscapes, activities, people, buildings, plants, animals, or events.
- Minor digital enhancement for cropping, red-eye removal, filters, corrective functions, and legitimate manipulations such as burning and dodging, brightness and contrast, color adjustments, saturation, stitching and cropping are permitted. In cases where a photograph is considered “digital art”, the image may not be considered. Entrants should not place borders or frames around their images, or place watermarks, signatures, dates, or copyright notices on their images.
By submitting an entry to the Skagway Convention and Visitors Bureau (SCVB) Skagway Up Close Contest you agree to the following:
- Release by the Photographer/Videographer/Essayist.
- The participant hereby represents and warrants that he/she is the author of all the material submitted to SCVB and shall defend and hold SCVB harmless from any action, claim, loss, damage, liability and/or expense arising from or connected to the infringement of intellectual property rights or copyright with respect to the material submitted.
- By registering your photograph/video/essay with SCVB, the participant hereby grants SCVB an irrevocable, royalty-free and perpetual license right to use without restriction and reproduce all submitted materials, including without limitation the copying, transmission, distribution and publication for display or promotional purposes.