I HEART Skagway Video Contest
Do you love Skagway? Create a video that tells the story of an amazing adventure, an amazing place or an amazing experience that highlights what you love most about Skagway and submit it for a chance to win!
1st Place: $300
2nd Place: $150
Here are some of our tips to help your video be a winner in our eyes:
- We love FUN. Highlight local area activities in your video. Show us what you do for fun while in Skagway.
- We love PEOPLE. We love seeing your favorite part of Skagway, but we love even more seeing your family and friends with you in Skagway.
- We love ACTION. Action shots are always the way to go. Just be sure to stabilize yourself so we can clearly see what’s going on in the video.
- We love SOUND/MUSIC, but…Please be mindful of the music you use in your video. Because of copyright laws, we cannot post videos with unauthorized music. Be sure to use royalty-free music. Many times, video editing programs such as iMovie provide audio that is copyright-free.
- Entrants may submit their entries through the online form below (preferred) or mailed to us on a CD or DVD. Please ensure that all materials are labeled with the last name of the entrant.
- Contest entries must be received no later than 11:59 PM AK DST April 14, 2017.
- Entrants must be 18 years or older.
- Entry materials will not be returned.
- Video submissions should be between one and three minutes.
- Please submit video in HD resolution. Although we will accept older SD video (standard definition), your video will look best in HD.
- We are able to use just about any format—common video files are .mov, .avi, and .mp4; we also accept professional formats such as AVCHD and others.
- Any music or audio within your video submission must be your own original work, or royalty free material that you have obtained a license for, or music that is in the public domain.
By submitting your video to the Skagway Convention and Visitors Bureau (SCVB) Skagway I HEART Skagway Video Contest, you agree to the following:
- Release by the Videographer.
- The participant hereby represents and warrants that he/she is the author of all the material submitted to SCVB and shall defend and hold SCVB harmless from any action, claim, loss, damage, liability and/or expense arising from or connected to the infringement of intellectual property rights or copyright with respect to the material submitted.
- By registering your video with SCVB, the participant hereby grants SCVB an irrevocable, royalty-free and perpetual license right to use without restriction and reproduce all submitted materials, including without limitation the copying, transmission, distribution and publication for display or promotion purposes.
- Entries that fail to comply with the rules will be disqualified.
- Entries will be disqualified if they are incomplete, late lost, damaged, or are not able to be viewed due to technical error.
- SCVB reserves the right to change the Contest Rules as necessary.